St. Wilfreds College of Law
Panvel, Navi Mumbai.
( Affiliated to the Mumbai University and recognized by the Bar Council of India.)
St.Wilfreds College of Law, shedung, panvel, Navi Mumbai is established in year 2011,The institute has been established with the aim to add new dimension & opportunity to the students to strengthen the spirit of Unity, Harmony and Leadership Quality among all. The college is affiliated to the Mumbai University and recognized by the Bar Council of India, New Delhi.
" Law as a profession has always attracted young men and women who are in search of an adventurous career where one can make a mark in society, and indeed, one can prosper, even while serving the society. Many of our freedom fighters belonged to the legal profession. The law is an instrument of social engineering and law students are social engineers.The role of law, as an instrument of social engineering is appreciated better now."
From Principal's Desk :-
"Where there is the knowledge of law!
Where there is mind without fear!
And where the head is held high!"
I am proud to be first Principal of the St.Wilfred's Law college and extends my heartiest welcome to the students, their parents and faculty members for the new academic session.As our campus compels you to learn with us.
Legal education being necessary for everybody. St.Wilfred's Education Society established the St. Wilfred's College of Law with an object to prove itself an ideal institution of imparting legal education.
I trust that our faculty members have always maintained the highest academic standards. Due to the honesty and sincerity of the faculty members, the students will prove themselves to be the good lawyers and judges to lead legal education in the society as well as in the nation. Besides this the practical training is also given by organizing National Moot Court competition, court visit etc.Moreover, innumerable extra curricular activities are conducted regularly to develop all aspects of students' personality.
St.Wilfred's College of Law will prove center point of legal education by active participation of the students, my colleagues and other legal educationists i.e. eminent lawyers, Judges etc.
With Best Wishes
COURSES OFFERED :-
LL.B.: 3 year course.
There is a three year course for the Degree of Law, and the teaching shall be conducted through the lecture method, practical and the class performance during the session and examinations and shall be conducted through written papers. practical and viva-voice.
Eligibility criteria :-
SC, ST :- Minimum 40% in graduation from a recognized University.
Open &Other :- Graduate with minimum 45% from a recognized University
Age limit : No age limit.
BLS-LL.B :- 5 years Integrated course.
The five year integrated course has several advantages. It has made legal education a Professional course, like courses at IIM and IIT. The emphasis is on the applied aspects of law.
Eligibility criteria :-
SC, ST :- Minimum 40% in HSC / Equivalent courses from a recognized University/ Board
Open &Other :- Minimum 45% in HSC / Equivalent courses from a recognized University
Age limit : No age limit.
POLICY FOR ADMISSION
- The candidate shall apply for admission in LL.B. First year on the prescribed Afrom Admission of a student to the college shall be subject to the conditions prescribed by the Ordinance / Rules of the University of Maharashtra and Bar Council of India.
At the time of submitting the application form ,the applicant must furnish his T.C. Original and attested copies of all documents i.e. marks sheet and certificates from secondary examination to qualify examination. the original must be produced for the verification at the time of admission.Acceptance of application from does not guarantee admission. Admission will be made strictly on the merit basis i.e. on the basis of marks obtained at the qualifying examinations.
- All application forms will be received at the college applications of candidates who do not fulfil the minimum conditions of eligibility and incomplete admission forms will not be entertained. Forms sent through post will not be acknowledged.
Required Enclosures For Admission :-
Four Passport photographs for indentity card / library card.
Original Mark sheet of qualifying exams and three set of photocopy.
Original Degree / Provisional Certificate and three set of photocopy
Marriage Certificate.( if Required )
Photostat of caste certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC.
Original Migration Certificate.( if Required )
Minimum eligibility for admission to the LL.B. first year :-
A candidate who has taken the Bachelor's or the Master's degree in Arts / Science / Commerce / Medicine /Management / Engineering / Nursing / Agriculture or the degree of Shastri / Acharya or the degree of Ayurvedacharya / Ayurveda Brihaspati of this University of any other University recognized for the purpose by the syndicate with full course prescribed for the degree and secured a minimum of 45% marks (Excluding any concessional marks in aggregate prescrived for the examination for the aforesaid degree shall be eligible for admission to LL.B. First year course.
- Candidates who are declared failed.
- Candidates who are detained from appering in examination on account of shortage of attendance.
- candidates who do not take an examination after completing the attedance and there by could not pass.
- Candidates against whom an F.I.R. has been lodged by the University or any of the Constitute colleges or any affiliated college or by any other competent Authority/officer of the university/college or by any person.
- Candidates who has been convicted for a criminal offence involving moral- turpitude.
- Candidates who has indulged himself/herself in. Misbehavior with any faculty or with any authority/official of the university/college.
- No student shall be admitted to a course unless he / she deposited the necessary fee. all fees will be charged in four installments and first installment including caution money will be charged at the time of admission and remaining installment will be charged later in the same session/before submission of examination form.
- Fees once paid shall not be refunded or transferred.
- Admission lists will be put on the notice board of the college from time to time and candidates are required to check the notice board for their names. No separate communication will be made to any student in this concern.
- The candidates who are found eligible and stand in merit shall pay the required fee within prescribed time, failing which the offer of admission shall automatically stand cancel.
- No Transfer from St.Wilfred's College of Law to any other Law College and vice-versa shall be allowed in any case.
- No Transfer Certificate shall be issued before completion of three years LL.B. course.
- Fees can be increased or decreased on the ciscretion of the management of St. Wilfred Education Society.
- Caution Money shall be refunded after completion of the three years LL.B. course if candidate demands with in two years of the completion of the course. After this caution money will not be refunded.
- The candidates who want admission subsequent to their passing of any other examination of which result is not declared before the last date fixed must apply provisionally.
- The original fee receipt should be kept intact till the end of the course.
Concession / weightage
- Concession/Weightage of marks for participation in games and sports, if given to student seeking admission in LL.B. First year class, will be admissible only to step up the position of the candidates in the merit list and will not make them eligible for admission. However, this concession or weightage will be subject to provision of the Ordinance, if any, made by the University of Maharashtra or State Gorernment.
- Not with standing anything contained in the provisions every candidate shall however, be governed by the rules and regulations framed by the University/College from time to tiime for the purpose of regulating admission and schemes of examination for various courses.
- The three year professional law degree programme is a full time programme and the student should be willing to participate in the various extension programmes and activities and attend class regularly.
- Reservation of seats/relaxtion of marks for S.C. , S.T. , O.B.C. and Physically Handicapped
- 49%of the total number of the seats will be reserved for NATURAL BORN sons/daughters of parent belonging to scheduled caste, scheduled tribes and OBC in the ratio of 16% ; 12% ; 21% respectively.
- 3% of total number of seats will be reserved for physically handicapped candidates defined as deaf/dumb/blind/loss of any limb with permanent disability.
- All Scheduled caste, Scheduled Tribe and OBC candidates who have passed the qualifying examination for admission may be arranged in order of merit amongst themselves.
- Those who have secured marks above the level up to which general category students are admitted will not be counted towards reserved-quota at all and will be included in the General Merit List of Admission.
- Excluding those admitted on merit along with General Candidates as at 4 above, other Scheduled Caste and Scheduled tribe candidates will be admitted in order of merit going down the inter se3 merit list up to the point nexessary to secure adequate number of candidates of Scheduled Castes as well as Scheduled tribes to fulfill the reservation percentage completely.
- Candidates belonging to SC,ST. and OBC categories will required to produce a cxertivicate to that effect from a Distirct Magistrate/ Tehsildar/ Sub Divisional Magistrate without which their cases will not be considered under the above provisions.
Facilities (Lab., Industrial Tour, Research Projects)
- COMPUTER LAB: A well developed computer lab and e-library maintained by the college.The computer lab is fully equippedwith latest softwares.
- PLACEMENT: The St.Wilfred’s College of law has a centralized strong “Placement Cell “which arranges campus recruitment for the student of the Colleges from time to time. They can find employment in various courts of law, in government service both Central and State government, as teachers, as legal advisors in various companies, business houses, organizations etc. They also do private practice as legal advisor, advocates, solicitors etc. The Placement Cell promotes students interests providing them opportunities to work with leading Law Firms, Lawyers, NGOs & the Corporate World.